Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Fine Frenzy at World Cafe Live 3/24/08


What can I say about Allison Sudol's smooth, unique vocals? Great things! A Fine Frenzy is definitly worth seeing live! The first time I saw them was opening for Brandi Carlile, and I have to admit I was hooked. I found out they were touring and snatched up tickets right away.

The night started at 7:30, Ferras came on first. You may have heard his song, "Hollywood Is Not America" on the radio. I am not a fan, he sang 5 songs which was 5 too many. So after Ferras exited the stage I was expecting A Fine Frenzy, no luck. Chris Stills came on about 15 minutes later. I was a little frustrated because I had no idea there were any opening acts nevermind 2. I have to admit Chris Stills was good. He was entertaining and had a much better voice than Ferras, He sang 5 songs as well. (check out Kitty Kathy if you can, good tune). FINALLY, about 9:20, out came A Fine Frenzy. She Opened with "Come On, Come out" and I was instantly mesmerized. As the night wore on She intereacted with the audience and drew a few laughs. Allison seems very shy, but she knew how to speak to us. After every song she would smile sweetly and if I were closer I could probably see her blushing. :) When they came back for an encore, she played guitar on a "brand spankin new song" (her words). It was more of a country /folky tune, with a good beat. Something I was not expecting yet enjoyed none the less.

All in all it was a very good show. My only complaint was waiting 2 hours for her to come on! I was impatient but A Fine Frenzy was worth the wait!

Go see A Fine Frenzy, you will not be dissappointed!

No comments: