Friday, March 7, 2008

Brandi Carlile: Please write better songs!



So I know alot of people will bash me for this but I have to speak my mind! Brandi Carlile can sing no doubt, but what the heck is with these childish woe is me songs? I know she doesn't write all of them herself, thank goodness! The ones the twins write have a little bit more of an upbeat! Her early years were better. Come on Brandi, write more songs like Call you out or Over you. Now thats good stuff. There is alot of speculation on weather or not she is a lesbian, WHO CARES? I just want her to get over it.... whatever it is. When i saw her live in Philadelphia, I was dissappointed! She was shaking! YES SHAKING. She wasn't friendly and she did not interact with the audience! At one point she sat down at the piano to sing "love songs" First line was "i don't write love songs" That drew a laugh from a concert goer! WHY? BEACAUSE THATS ALL SHE WRITES ABOUT. ALot of BOOHOO! The one good thing that came out of Brandi Carlile was her concert intoduced me to A FINE FRENZY. Now those songs are written well! I just got tickets to see A Fine Frenzy in Philly at the end of MArch. I'm glad they are headlining they are worth it.

Brandi Carlile, PLEASE WRITE BETTER SONGS! Your voice is great, your style is great, I just think its time to grow up! Good luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw her in Philly too - the whole scene was bizarre. Between Brandi's nervousness and Allison's (a fine frenzy) uber shyness it was a very uncomfortable evening.

But as for Brandi, she seems to walk around like she's the shit - why was she so nervous? Philly isn't that mean. Well, except for the person that laughed at her during that one song.